Financial planning is the ongoing process that helps you make sensible and informed decisions about money. It helps you to achieve your goals. It is not just about buying products like pensions or funds.
It’s about getting an appropriate will and powers of attorney in place. It’s about asking the really hard questions…. 'will we have enough money to last in retirement', ‘how will my family cope if I die prematurely or fall ill and can’t provide for them?’, 'when can I retire?', it’s about thinking how best to spend your money now and in the future. You can build your plan yourself or get a Financial Planner to help if your situation or needs are a little more complex.
Grab a pen!
Make a note of your goals in life, these can be short, medium or longer term. Decide which are most important and estimate roughly what they might cost.
- Think about the hurdles that might get in your way
- Take stock of where you are now – list your assets and liabilities
- Create your plan for achieving each goal or neutralising potential hurdles
- Implement your plan and remember to review it each year at least
If you need help along the way get in touch with a competent and qualified financial planner.
Whether you do it yourself or with a financial planner the benefits of financial planning are fantastic:
- Reduce stress and get on with enjoying your life
- Be confident you know where you are ‘at’ and where you and your family are ‘going’ financially
- Focus on what you can control and stop fretting over what you can’t control
Where protection planning is required this will be provided by our sister company PCL Insurance Services